Swirl Stripe Tumbler
Ready to get started? Here is what we used in addition to regular glitter tumbler supplies, like a turner, epoxy, glitter, etc.
- Spray paint
- tape or vinyl to tape of stripes
- optional vinyl decal
Use any colors you want when you recreate this tumbler. We went with a Valentine's theme for the swirl stripe, but this could be a fun technique for St. Patrick's Day themed tumbler or with your favorite colors. It can be done with a solid color cup instead of adding the horizontal stripes first.
1. The first step to create this tumbler is to spray paint the tumbler white. Let it dry.
2. Tape off stripes.
3. Spray paint black. Allow to dry.
4. Add a thin layer of epoxy to the cup on the turner. Start with the first color in the swirl stripe and sprinkle on cup in a diagonal across the cup as shown on the cup.
5. Repeat with the second and third color for the swirl stripe.
6. Then sprinkle a metallic white or opal glitter over the horizontal stripes allowing them to show through while still being glittery.
7. Add decals if desired and finish cup as usual.
Finishing the look
To finish the look you can add a vinyl decal, like a name, design, or whatever personalized touch you'd like to add!!! We added a name and it looks so fun over the swirl stripe. We are in love with how it turned out and are so grateful that Doni shared this technique with us.