Halloween Tic-Tac-Toe Board
Glittery Halloween Game
Now is the time to start Halloween crafting, so you can enjoy the results all October (and September) long! This fun project can double as decor, but it is really a fun Halloween themed Tic-Tac-Toe board game. The fun pieces add a spooky flair to the classic game and can be set out on your coffee table to show some Halloween spirit. Another great idea for this board is to use it for a Halloween carnival type game for a carnival, Halloween party, or family get-together.
The great thing about this idea is that it can be customized. No pumpkin board? Try for a witch hat shaped wood cut out, or any other Halloween shape you can find. If you can't find a specific shape, a square board can be sparkled up to match your favorite Halloween colors or add a glitter pumpkin .
Click the link below for all of the details on this awesome Halloween game and how to recreate the look. We would love to see how yours turns out! Share it with us in our Glitter Luv Creations Facebook group.
- Pumpkin or Tic-tac-toe Board
- Mod Podge
- Triple-Thick Clear Glaze or Epoxy / Resin
- Paintbrush or Foam brush
- Painters tape (or other wide tape)
- Plate or bowls
Step 1: Prepare
- Tape off the grid pattern
- Pour dime size amount of Mod Podge onto a plate or bowl
Step 2: Create
- Dip the brush into Mod Podge and apply a generous, even layer to the Tic-tac-toe grid.
- Sprinkle glitter onto Mod Podged area
- Allow Mod Podge to dry
- Add a second layer, if needed, by applying Mod Podge over glittered area and
- sprinkling glitter onto Mod Podge
- Remove any tape added from completed section and allow to dry
- The apply Mod Podge to each Tic-tac-toe grid square, making sure to not get Mod
- Podge on the grid lines. Allow to dry. Repeat step if second coat needed
Step 2: Get Crafty
- Repeat the same steps for the pumpkin stem and Tic-tac-toe pieces.
- Once dried add a layer of Triple-Thick Clear Glaze or Epoxy / Resin to “seal” in all the glittery goodness
- Allow to fully dry, approximately 24 hours
Finishing the Look
Look how cute this board turned out.
We love how there are so many gorgeous glitters in this project.
Here is a list of the exact glitters we used:
- Main board - It's Fall Y'all Chunky with Reese holographic as the lines and lucky green as the stem.
- Skulls (the O's) - Black Cat metallic
- Bones (the X's) - Opal Pearl Iridescent
Now it is your turn to get creating! We can't wait to see what you create and be sure to share it with us in our Glitter Luv Creations group on Facebook.